Friday, April 22, 2011

How did you make them to pose for you?


How did you make them pose? How long can they sit there and let you shoot them? My kid never sit still for 1 second!!

Today is the second day I'm at my promo booth and that's the questions asked when I introduce myself as a child photographer.
My answer is simple, yes they sit still long enough for that money shot.

Kids are a bunch that's very sensitive to their surrounding. If you try to instruct them to sit on a chair and smile to the camera, most likely they would do the opposite!

So the best approach is to let them have time to settle down at a spot, and not rush them. They would let us know when they are ready;)

To illustrate this, the photo attached was of twin brother & sister. Both have their own very different behavior. When both are placed on the spot, the brother would settle down relatively quickly while the sister would start exploring the place. This shot was captured when the sister started crawling toward me to check out the camera while the brother were content to just play with the toy.

No comments:

Post a Comment